Power of Love Ministry Church was officially launched on January 11, 2004. On that opening day, with just over 100 visitors in attendance, the first service was held at 3010 Sheppard Avenue Scarborough. After 18 months, the church relocated to 20 Silverstar Blvd, Scarborough. Two and a half years later came the move to Power of Love’s current home at 700 Progress Ave, Unit 6, Scarborough.
In the years since, over 25 new followers of Christ have been baptized into the faith at Power of Love, and the church has also produced a number of graduates in the fields of Theology and Counselling. We continue our mission to reach the lost and teach those learning to walk with Christ of the boundless love and power of Almighty God. You are invited to join us this and every Sunday as we worship; we welcome you as Jesus would, with open arms, and without reservation.
STATEMENT OF FAITH
• We believe that the Holy Bible in its entirety is the inspired word of God and the only infallible rule of faith conduct.
• We preach Christ’s birth, works, teachings, crucifixion, resurrection, ascension, second coming, millennial reign, white throne judgment, new heaven and new earth
We believe in the Divine Trinity. II Cor. 13:14
• We believe in Repentance toward God. Acts 3:19
• We believe in Restoration. Lk.19:8, 9
• We believe in Justification and Regeneration. Jn. 3:3
• We believe in Sanctification (holiness). I Thess. 4:3
• We believe in the baptism in the Holy Spirit with the evidence of speaking in tongues and in the gifts of the Holy Spirit (Acts) and other gifts listed in I Cor. 12 and Romans 12.
• We believe in divine healing and that healing is included in the atonement.
• We believe in the Second Coming of Jesus Christ as literal and visible as His first ascension to heaven. Acts 1:9-11
• We believe in Eternal Heaven and Eternal Hell. Rev. 14:10-11
• We believe in monogamy and that marriage is binding for life, (Mk.19:9) and if the unbelieving partner departs, I Cor. 7:15 applies.
• We believe in water baptism by immersion. Acts 8:38, 39.
• We believe Jesus instituted the Lord’s Supper and so should be observed. I Cor. 11:23-24.
• We believe in tithing to prove God’s power in supply. Mal. 3:7-10.